The Ontario Human Rights Commission (OHRC) held their Right to Read Inquiry in 2020. They are planning to release their findings in fall 2021.
We want every Member of Provincial Parliament (MPP) to know that this is VERY important to pay attention to.
How to write your MPP in 3 easy steps
- Download this easy-to-use template to write to your MPP. Update with your information and send as is or edit as you wish.
2. Find your MPPs name and contact information using the link below; scroll down to the area labelled “Find my MPP” and follow the instructions:
3. Cut and paste your letter into an email to your MPP, or send it as an email attachment. Remember to copy us on your letter at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can keep track of which MPP’s have been contacted.
- Let us know if you get a response or a meeting with your MPP. If your MPP agrees to meet with you, we can find someone to join you from DDON
- Share on social media with the hashtag #RightToRead
- Encourage family members and friends to write to their MPP
- Stay tuned for a follow-up letter you can use to update your MPP once the OHRC launches its report
Thank you!! Let’s get this on the radar of every MPP in Ontario!