The Ontario Human Rights Commission (OHRC) launched their Right to Read Inquiry in 2020. They released their detailed report on February 28, 2022.
We encourage you to contact your Member of Provincial Parliament (MPP) to let them know that the recommendations made by the OHRC — and the proposed changes to the curriculum as announced after the report release — are very important to your family.
We ask all MPPs to acknowledge and call for the findings and recommendations of the Right to Read Inquiry Report to be implemented as soon as possible.
How to write your MPP in 3 easy steps
- Download this easy-to-use template to write to your MPP. Update with your information and send as is or edit as you wish (If you are calling, you can use this letter as talking points).
2. Find your MPPs name and contact information using the link below; scroll down to the area labelled “Find my MPP” and follow the instructions:
3. Cut and paste your letter into an email to your MPP, or send it as an email attachment. Remember to copy us on your letter at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can keep track of which MPP’s have been contacted.
- Let us know if you get a response or a meeting with your MPP. If your MPP agrees to meet with you, we can find someone to assist you or join you from DDON.
- Share on social media with the hashtag #RightToRead
- Encourage family members and friends to write to their MPP
Thank you!! Let’s get this on the radar of every MPP in Ontario!